Professionalism and Innovation in Homeopathic Education
What is Homeopathy?
Homeopathy is a safe and effective system of medicine based on the principle of “like cures like”. This principle was first formulated by a German doctor, Samuel Hahnemann in 1796. Hahnemann’s extensive research and clinical studies proved that diseases can be cured by small doses of substances that produce in a healthy person the same pathological effects that are symptomatic of the disease.
Homeopathy is a holistic therapy that treats not just the symptoms but the person as a whole. The ingredients used to manufacture homeopathic medicines are taken from plants, animals, and minerals. These substances are broken down and reduced to the ratio of one part of a substance to 99 parts of water, releasing healing properties through dilution.
Virtually any condition can be treated with homeopathy. Again, however, it is important to remember that homeopathy treats the person and not just the ailment. There could be ten different people with the same cold or flu virus but they all express their symptoms in different ways. Their lifestyles are different, their perceptions of their symptoms are different, and the stressors they are affected by are different. It is this individual perception that the homeopath examines before deciding on the remedy that best suits the individual.
Studying Homeopathy in New Zealand
With increasing numbers of people becoming aware of homeopathy as a therapy, the demand for quality homeopathic education is on the rise. New Zealand is one of the world’s leading countries providing high-quality homeopathic education to students all over the globe. The niche market homeopathic colleges provide world standard curriculum’s delivered by highly qualified and experienced tutors using the latest delivery techniques.
Our homeopathic students undertake extensive training, they begin with the NZ Diploma in Acute Prescribing with Homeopathy (Level 5) this is a species neutral diploma. Then if they wish to move into our NZ Diploma in Homeopathy (Level 6) where they specialize in either human or animal health in chronic case management.
Our Diplomas are NZQA accredited. (The New Zealand Qualifications Authority – NZQA) is the New Zealand Government Crown entity tasked with providing leadership in assessment and qualifications.
Studying with an NZQA-accredited homeopathic college. After satisfactory completion of the coursework and clinical training, the student is awarded the diploma qualification and is eligible to become a registered practitioner through the New Zealand Council of Homeopaths.
Our NZ Diploma in Acute Prescribing with Homeopathy (level 5):
- History and Philosophy – where homeopathy comes from, why we use homeopathy and how to use it safely and effectively
- Materia Medica and Therapeutics – learning about individual homeopathic remedies, where they come from, what conditions and symptoms we use them for (at this level, it will be for acute conditions only)
- Medical Science – Anatomy and Physiology – learning the normal structure and function in the body so that we can then identify when things go wrong
- History of Healing – how healing has developed over the millennia and where homeopathy came into this timeline.
- Research and Critical Thinking – an introduction to research and evidence-based practice(at this level, we will look at how to search for literature and how to read a paper)
- Clinical Practice – this consists of paper cases and live case taking to develop the necessary skills to gather knowledge to confidently and safely prescribe remedies
Our NZ Diploma in Homeopathy (Level 6)
The course covers the following:
- Clinical Science Skills of the Helper
- Homeopathy Clinical Practice
- Homeopathy Chronic Disease Theory
- Homeopathy Case Taking, Methods, and Remedies
- Pathophysiology Human/Animal
- Homeopathy Therapeutics for Conditions Human/Animal
Graduates of Human or Animal Health strand will be able to consult with clients, analyze client conditions, provide homeopathic support to clients, and communicate with and refer to allied health, wellness and medical professionals for specialist services as required.
Study Options for our Diplomas:
You have the benefit and flexibility as an aspiring student wanting to study homeopathy in New Zealand, Australia and anywhere in the world:
- Part-time online distance learning from the comfort of your own home and country! (does not require a Student Visa)
Distance Learning – is a popular choice
Homeopathic colleges in Australasia report increasing popularity in distance learning courses. With that, we are keeping up with the latest trends and going purely online. An average of 20% per year increase has been recorded in the last four years. This is mainly due to the increased flexibility which allows students to study in their own time, at their own pace, from virtually anywhere in the world. The integrated multimedia programmes now available for distance learners offer an exciting and stimulating way to study. Online study via an online learning system allows students to enter the virtual classroom from the comfort of their own home.
Choosing the appropriate college
To get the highest standard of homeopathic training it is vital to choose a college specializing in homeopathic education with a proven track record. It should have nationally accredited courses offering both a diploma and a degree pathway. The curriculum needs to include a careful balance of both academic and practical subjects. The course lecturers should be qualified, experienced homeopaths and teachers with national registration.
We are the only college in New Zealand that are dedicated to providing a high standard of homeopathic education. The College of Natural Health & Homeopathy in New Zealand is a leading provider of homeopathic education offering nationally accredited diploma courses.
Learn more about Homeopathic Education and our Diplomas at www.cnhh.ac.nz