Who are we?
Bay of Plenty College of Homeopathy trading as College of Natural Health & Homeopathy (CNHH) is a Private Training Establishment (PTE) registered with the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA).
What do we offer?
Our Diploma programmes are approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) and listed on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework (NZQF).
What is EER?
NZQA uses external evaluation and review (EER) as its standard means of reviewing the educational performance and capability in self-assessment of tertiary education organisations. It forms part of the accountability process required by Government to inform investors, the public, students, prospective students, communities, employers and other interested parties.
NZQA has recently reviewed the College of Natural Health & Homeopathy (CNHH). The Report says:
- “There is evidence that CNHH is meeting the most important needs of learners and other key stakeholders.”
- CNHH matches the needs of its learners through face-to-face, distance or blended learning according to need.
- “The clinical training and live or video-recorded case studies used for learning and/or assessments are a real strength.”
- “The employer stakeholders spoken to by NZQA were very positive and specific about the knowledge and skills of CNHH graduates.”
- “CNHH’s tutors are highly qualified and experienced and still current homeopathic practitioners.” This means that all programmes, activities and resources are regularly updated to ensure their relevance and currency.
- CNHH has a system of regular contact with all distance students and students say they feel valued, connected, part of the College and know what to expect so feel less overwhelmed.
- “Staff take a proactive and responsive approach to providing all students with ongoing quality guidance and support based on meeting the needs of the whole person and providing the flexibility relevant to each learner’s personal and family circumstances.”
CNHH is committed to providing the best education for our students now and in the future. We have recently implemented the following:
- Enhanced student and employer feedback mechanisms
- Enhanced teaching and learning practices
- New initiatives and staff to attract and retain Maori students
- Additional support for Maori and Pasifika students with resources, scholarships and individual face-to-face tutoring
To support the needs of our stakeholders and continue to meet the needs of our students we plan to implement the following:
- Enhanced online delivery to support students’ learning and interactions with each other and their tutors, including one-on-one support
- A new mentoring programme for graduates
- Opportunities for students to work with key stakeholders to provide homeopathic treatment for the public
- Advanced workplace training opportunities for advanced students and new graduates
The January 2015 EER of Bay of Plenty College of Homeopathy trading as College of Natural Health & Homeopathy (CNHH) has ratings of:
Not yet confident in educational performance and
Not yet confident in capability in self-assessment
You can view our NZQA EER report at http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/nqfdocs/provider-reports/8479.pdf
CNHH Courses are developed and revised through consultation with stakeholders such as professional associations, external academics, industry, students and graduates.
New Zealand Council of Homeopaths (NZCH)
Graduates of College of Natural Health & Homeopathy with a Diploma of Homeopathy or Diploma of Homeopathy (Animal Health) are eligible to apply for registration with the New Zealand Council of Homeopaths (NZCH). NZCH are the homeopathic industry professional association. Certain Insurance companies offer rebates for their client who consult a homeopath registered with NZCH. Those on benefits can apply to WINZ for rebates on homeopathic consultations with a homeopath registered with NZCH.
The Natural Health Council (NZ) Inc.
(NHC) NHC is a national, professional council which includes members from all natural health modalities with well-documented scopes of practice and high standards of education and monitoring of practitioners. CNHH graduates once registered with the NZCH are then automatically members of NHC and can apply for professional indemnity insurance through NHC.
Independent Tertiary Education New Zealand (ITENZ)
College of Natural Health & Homeopathy is a member of the Independent Tertiary Education New Zealand (ITENZ), a national organisation representing private tertiary institutions in New Zealand. The Association is recognised by the Government and government agencies as the main representative of the sector. ITENZ is dedicated to uniting the private tertiary education (PTE) sector and representing the collective membership in a competitive and challenging political environment.