New Zealand Diploma in Acute Prescribing with Homeopathy
The New Zealand Diploma in Acute Prescribing with Homeopathy is an NZQA Accredited Level 5, 120 Credit qualification offering training in all aspects of acute homeopathy – from philosophy and theory to medical science and practical acute clinical application.
Do you have a passion for natural health and complementary medicine? Do you want to have an impact on your family, friends, animals and community? Then this is the perfect place to begin your new journey!
This course will give students essential homeopathic knowledge to prescribe acute remedies to friends, family, and clients in common acute situations such as headaches, cuts, scrapes, bruises, fevers, cases of flu and stomach upsets to name just a few.
Students will also learn the required skills to engage in an acute clinical environment, including methods of client case taking along with business practices and marketing skills to ensure graduates can successfully set up and manage their acute prescribing practice.
Throughout this course, students will understand their unique scope of practice within the wider complementary health sector, while learning when to refer to other health practitioners as necessary.
Graduates of this program are eligible for entry into the New Zealand Diploma in Homeopathy and specialise in either Human or Animal Health (Level 6).
- History and Philosophy – where homeopathy comes from, why we use homeopathy and how to use it safely and effectively
- Materia Medica and Therapeutics – learning about individual homeopathic remedies, where they come from, what conditions and symptoms we use them for (at this level, it will be for acute conditions only)
- Medical Science – Anatomy and Physiology – learning the normal structure and function in the body so that we can then identify when things go wrong
- History of Healing – how healing has developed over the millennia and where homeopathy came into this timeline.
- Research and Critical Thinking – an introduction to research and evidence-based practice(at this level, we will look at how to search for literature and how to read a paper)
- Clinical Practice – this consists of paper cases and live case taking to develop the necessary skills to gather knowledge to confidently and safely prescribe remedies
- The New Zealand Diploma in Acute Prescribing with Homeopathy (Level 5) will be awarded to students who successfully complete the programme.
- The qualification is approved and accredited by NZQA (New Zealand Qualifications Authority). The NZ Diploma in Acute Prescribing with Homeopathy is approved for StudyLink student loans and allowances. *Conditions apply with part-time study through study-link*
- Graduates will be able to prescribe homeopathy for acute situations.
Further Study Pathways
This programme pathways to the New Zealand Diploma in Homeopathy and specialise in either Human or Animal Health (Level 6) which will advance your skills and widen your scope of practice to allow graduates to prescribe for chronic conditions.
Part-Time Online: The duration is 80 weeks part-time and can start anytime from anywhere in the world. Study requires you to commit to a minimum of 20 hours per week which includes lectures, assignments and self-directed learning.
All students must follow a course of tutor-supported learning, home study and assessment.
- Part-Time Online – Start Anytime
Applications for Online study are now open, to apply please submit an application via www.cnhh.ac.nz/enrol
The New Zealand Diploma in Acute Prescribing with Homeopathy (Level 5)
Domestic students $5,950.00 including GST
International students $9,500.00 including GST
Scholarships are available for domestic students only. Applicants will need to provide proof of financial hardship. Each case is assessed individually and the decision is made at the discretion of the academic committee.
If a student wishes to withdraw from the College of Natural Health & Homeopathy, the student must notify the College in writing of the decision to withdraw.
When the College receives notification it will refund unused fees according to the requirements of the Education Act 1989 Section 236A as shown in the table below.