New Zealand Diploma in Wellness and Relaxation Massage
The New Zealand Diploma in Wellness and Relaxation Massage is an NZQA Accredited Level 5, 120 Credit qualification offering training in all aspects of relaxation massage techniques.
Massage has been used as a healing therapy for over 5000 years, by learning these ancient techniques and the theory behind them at CNHH, you can enjoy a rewarding career helping individuals become pain-free and experience enhanced well-being.
Relaxation massage uses soothing techniques to calm the mind and stimulate the body to release positive hormones such as dopamine and endorphins.
This qualification will equip you to provide wellness and relaxation massage therapy services within the health sector and massage therapy industry.
You’ll learn about the anatomical, physiological and basic chemical concepts of the body and application methods to perform a full body massage treatment. You’ll also learn a range of professional, self-management and communication skill required to meet client and industry needs. In addition, you’ll gain an understanding of the psychological effects of massage and the health, activity and nutritional aspects of professional massage treatments.
Learning includes clinical practice hours during which you’ll apply and refine your massage techniques.
The course covers the following:
- Relaxation Massage Techniques
- Advanced Relaxation Massage Techniques
- Massage for Sports & Active People
- Massage for Pregnancy
- Massage for the Elderly
- Hot Stone Massage
- Chair Massage
- Supervised Clinical Practice
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Musculoskeletal Anatomy
- Professional Business Practice
- Introduction to Nutrition
- Introduction to Research (reading and understanding research papers)
This diploma qualifies you to work as a relaxation massage therapist in a broad range of settings – from community-based health and wellness centres to day spas and multi-disciplinary clinics – or you could become a self-employed therapist with your own home-based or mobile practice.
Upon completion of this course, you can continue your studies with a New Zealand Diploma in Remedial Massage (Level 6) and then progress to a Bachelor of Musculoskeletal Health (Level 7). Alternatively, you could complement your skills with additional training in aromascience, reflexology or beauty therapy.
Qualification and Accreditation
- The New Zealand Diploma in Wellness and Relaxation Massage (Level 5) will be awarded to students who successfully complete the programme.
- The qualification is approved and accredited by NZQA (New Zealand Qualifications Authority).
- The New Zealand Diploma in Wellness and Relaxation Massage (Level 5) is approved for StudyLink student loans.
- Graduates will be entitled to gain professional registration with Massage New Zealand.
Part-Time Hybrid (Face-to-Face + Online):
This programme is delivered in a hybrid format with theoretical components delivered fully online (studied in your own time each week) via recorded lecture videos and practical components delivered face-to-face on campus.
This diploma requires a minimum of 17 hours per week, consisting of:
- 8 hours (1 full day) on campus for practical massage technique learning
- 6 hours of online theory learning (anatomy, research, business etc) via recorded video lecture (watch in your own time during the week).
- 3 hours of self-study, practice, and revision time.
- Next Intake starts 15th May 2023
Applications for study are now open, to apply please submit an application via www.cnhh.ac.nz/enrol
Domestic students $8,500.00 including GST
International students $12,500.00 including GST
Scholarships are available for domestic students only. Applicants will need to provide proof of being declined for a student loan and being in financial hardship Each case is assessed individually and the decision is made at the discretion of the college management.
If a student wishes to withdraw from the College of Natural Health & Homeopathy, the student must notify the College in writing of the decision to withdraw.
When the College receives notification it will follow the requirements of the Education Act 1989 Section 236A.
More information on Refunds can be found at https://cnhh.ac.nz/future-students/course-fees-and-payment/